A Note to Our Guests on Coronavirus
We have always taken great pride in our clean and well-run salons and spas, and we know this is more important than ever as we learn how Coronavirus (COVID19) may affect our guests and team, and we make the necessary adjustments to our work and operations. We are closely monitoring and following the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can all take to help prevent the spread of the virus.
We have one simple objective that guides us: keeping you and our employees safe. This has been at the center of our conversations every step of the way.
As always, our licensed professional staff and salons and spas are regulated, inspected and have oversight by the State of Michigan Licensing and Regulation. We diligently adhere to and practice mandated safety and hygiene precautions, cleaning & sanitizing procedures every day, with every service, for every guest.
We’re adding to our routines as recommended by the CDC and the Professional Beauty Association.
- Disinfection: We comply with Michigan’s Cosmetology State Board mandates for proper cleaning and disinfection at all times — from tools and implements to areas with counter tops, treatment rooms, back bars, reception areas, styling stations and frequently touched surfaces like doorknobs. We are increasing cleaning frequency for all.
- Wash your Hands: We encourage hand hygieneby requesting that every guest and team member wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after every service, after eating, using the restroom. We are encouraging cough and sneeze etiquette and providing tissues and no touch receptacles.
- Additionally, we are continuing to provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer in multiple locations and breakrooms to encourage healthful habits.
- Stay Home: The CDC strongly recommends staying home when sick. As an added measure, we are offering guests a “sickness cancellation policy” during this time that does not penalize any client for cancelling their appointment due to illness.
- If you don’t feel well, we ask that you reschedule your appointment after the CDC recommended self-quarantine of 14 days.
- Our Guest Service Team will assist you to reschedule your appointment, please call us at 734-561-3764.
- Signage and Communication: We are posting reminders about hand washing, sanitizer, wiping down stations after use, covering coughs, and hand hygiene policies.
- We encourage cashless payments
- And, out of an abundance of caution, we’ve temporarily suspended makeup sampling.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and do all we can to protect you and our employees.
The Rushlow Family
Daybreak Salon & Spa Team